Here we go again!
Either we’re gluttons for punishment or we did a good job last year… Either way, Rose is thrilled to provide the sign language interpreting services for Denver Comic Con 2014! We’ve added more interpreters and we’ve had more time to prepare. This is gonna be awesome.
Here’s what you need to know:
- All main events are scheduled with interpreters. These events are listed under Xfinity Celebrity Summit.
- Other events can be interpreted, but you need to make a request (in advance, please!). Use the “contact us” button at the bottom of this page.
- Interpreters will be available for last minute requests, but this is on a first come first serve basis. Better to make your request beforehand.
- Deaf* can/should enter the convention center near the big blue bear. This is the “ADA Entrance.” This is where you get a sticker for your badge and check in on your interpreting requests.
- Seating for deaf attendees is right up front, where you can comfortably see the stage as well as the interpreters.
- Your interpreters are working at a reduced rate because like you, they’re fans and we also want to support Comic Book Classroom (the non-profit behind DCC).
Preparing for the Con
We’re all getting pretty excited. Rae is devoting a few hours everyday to preparation, the interpreters are jockeying to interpret within their particular fandom, and we’re all getting pulled into new fandoms as we research those that are unfamiliar. We can’t wait to see you there, to see all of the amazing cos play and merchandise, and get our collective geek on. This year it runs from June 13-June 15, and it’s important to note that this is a family-friendly con. Tickets are still available, so order yours, check out the guest list, and submit your interpreting requests!
Thanks to DCC and Comic Book Classroom for their commitment to accessibility.